Thursday, December 15, 2016

SketchUp House Animation

Process

      For this project, we first started out learning how to use SketchUp. I have used the program before in middle school so it was all review to me. To find the house we'd make, we went to a website that showed house plans. I picked one that I liked with a fairly simple roof and began making the base of it on SketchUp. Then, we raised it up and made a roof. We made the windows, doors, decks, stairs and all the other details. Then, we painted them all. It was helpful that I wasn't trying to make my own house, but using an already made house plan. After that, we went to the 3D Warehouse on the program and picked out some trees, plants, and cars for our house. I decided to use all 3D items to make it look more realistic.



What I Learned

    With this project, I learned many new things I didn't know about in SketchUp when I was in middle school. I learned how to use items from the 3D Warehouse for my house, animating with the scenes, and using light and shade to make the house seem more realistic.





What I Would Do Differently


       This project was fairly difficult but it was interesting to do. I did have some struggles throughout the process, such as having problems with the roof and windows. If I could do this project again, I'd probably like to choose a larger house and try to challenge myself with it. I'd like to make it seem as realistic as I can. It was a fun project, so I'd see myself wanting to do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment