Friday, September 16, 2016

The Sketchbook

     For this week's assignment in e9, we had to create a design in our sketchbook that explained "What is graphic design?" With mine, I added a couple designs from albums, logos, and other things that I liked. When I first started this assignment, I started out with typography. I did two fun fonts with the words "graphic design." I started to gather and look up other designs, even one on the cover of a book I'm reading. As I chose to do some typography, I thought that it looked pretty neat when I was done sketching it out. I wrote some other words like my "ICE COLD" sketch and my "LOVE CRIME" one, too, and I think that they look really cool. I used a few logos, like the Twitter logo with the white bird in it. Some of the designs in my sketchbook were a bit random but I think they turned out nice and completed the look of it all.
     At first, I wasn't going to color or outline anything on my sketchbook. Then, I thought that it would look even better with some color. So, I used some markers and pens to give the designs some color. Adding color to them definitely brought out the liveliness of all of them, so I'm glad I decided to do that.
     Overall, I think that I really enjoyed this project. It helped that I used to always try typography when I would draw a lot and that drew me into the project even more. Also, getting to maybe even design them on Illustrator sounds interesting. The whole page of the project looks really cool to me and I'm excited to do even more projects like this in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment