Friday, October 28, 2016

Bouncing Ball Project

Bouncy Ball Process

     This week, our class each made a ball bouncing in the Photoshop program. First, we started out with making the background layers (blue sky and green ground). Then, we created the ball for our project using the shape tool and made that any color we wanted (but not too similarly close to the sky or background color). Next, to put a source of light that would affect the ball's dimensions, we added a circular gradient to it. We duplicated that ball layer eight more times and set each layer lower than the one before to indicate that it was falling. Then, we added the squash and stretch effect to make it seem more realistic. We took those layers and added them into a timeline and also copied them so the ball would bounce back up. Finally, we saved it with a GIF format to make sure the bouncy ball was animated.

What I Learned

    During this project, I learned many things. First off, I learned what "squash and stretch" was. It was a concept that is used in animation to make the objects moving appear realistic. When objects fall, they get stretched out. And when they hit the ground, they're bent and such. Then, when we got into Photoshop, I learned how to make different shapes, how to set up a timeline for the bouncy ball, and much more.

What I Would Do Different

     If I could redo this project, I'd do a couple of things differently to improve it. First off, I would make the gradient of the bouncy ball more realistic. When I was doing the project, I found it difficult for some reason to get the gradient to look better. Also, I would probably want to add clouds and such to the background, just to be more creative. I think that I could improve this greatly if I got to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment